Monday, June 3, 2013

Monsoon enters Mumbai - Happy or Sad?

Monsoon in Mumbai
Yesterday it rained yet again in Mumbai hence making it official that Monsoon has hit the city! Facebook posts, Tweets and BBM statuses were flooded with updates about the rains. Some were rejoicing while some were complaining.

This has always been the case with this city. The rains are either crazily loved or extremely hated. Why so?

First, let's see what makes us fall in love with this beautiful weather:
  • I love the fragrance of the wet soil during Monsoon.
  • I love getting drenched in the rain.
  • I love sitting at the beach watching it rain over the sea.
  • I love the clouds.
  • I love the weather, It becomes so romantic.
  • I love enjoying a 'Bhutta' when it rains.
  • I love playing football in the rains.

Now let's see why we absolutely hate Monsoons in Mumbai:
  • Traffic increases during Monsoons.
  • Hate getting drenched when I am about to go to a meeting or an interview.
  • The weather is unpredictable.
  • When it rains, it is pleasant. When it stops raining, it becomes humid!
  • Roads are so damaged during monsoons.
  • Streets start flooding even with the slightest of heavy rains.
  • There is mud and muck all over with garbage and drains overflowing.

Maybe we are born hypocrites. Or maybe it's just this season's fault.

Now I don't know about you, but I love rains and at the same time I love complaining about it as well! What about you? Do you have a Hate and Love Story with the rains too? Share your Monsoon Experiences with me. :)

2 comments:

  1. It was tedious to go with the monsoon time in Bombay. I had been 14 long years in Bombay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... :) Every Mumbaikar will have a story to tell about the Mumbai Monsoon. What about you? :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...